'

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Eden of the East episode 4

Lord of the Phones

"12 phones, and one to rule them all" is the line I muttered after watching the fourth episode. At last, Mr.Amnesia gets to know what the fuck his role is. I remembered Bokurano after watching this espisode, as the rules of their "shitty game" are too similar for comfort. Things like dying after your role is "performed" and certain death for most, if not all of the participants makes it a lose-lose situation for anyone crazy enough to take a gamble for the country. Hell, even the "deatached" introduction to the rules is insulting enough to deter the participant, because it speaks as if his life is just worth 25 centavos.

So what now... There is a hashashashin waiting to pwn anyone who fucks up their attempt? Damn, if that's the case, Takizawa's ass is in someone's crosshairs. If it ain't blatantly obvious by now, he's gotta save his country because his flesh's gonna enjoy a nice hot bullet if he doesn't.

I must say that I like the show, but I don't like the game. I think that this selecao game or whatever the fuck it is is a demonstration of collectivism, that philosophy I so despise. Why the fuck would one be crazy enough to "save his country". Why? Does anyone have a stake at his existence? Does he owe anything to anyone? No!, right? and no, there's nothing waiting for he who is "righteous". 10 billion yen is not a reward if one's life depends on how he (and others) blow it.

Believe it or not, the best way for Takizawa is to hunt down the supporter, though no one is certain if there exists only one or one million of them. Nevermind. Playing Chain definitely got to me and clouded my thought process.

Stay tuned.

PS: Now I get the last 2 lines of the OP. It suits the game pretty well. If God won't save Takizawa from the lord of the phones, there's no point wasting his time.















Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home