'

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Shikabane Hime Kuro Episode 2

LETS GET IT ON!
The war between the good guys and the baddies is now in full swing. Because of the inhuman invasion of the Kougon territory, things have gone a lot hotter this time around. In this episode, we get to see the power of the shichisei, and twisted they are.

Plot aside, I would like to correct myself when I said Makina accepted Oori last episode. That definitely is NOT the case after all. Episode 2 clearly shows us how Makina still draws strength from dead Keisei. Furthermore, let me acknowledge the piss-poor attempt at fanservice by the perverted monk and his hime. However, I can forgive them for that, as they chose a most viable target, Kamika.

For the Nth time, let me note the balance of power between the heroes and the baddies. Despite poor attempts to placate nerdy otaku losers with half baked moe girls, I would like to point out that this is an example of a well-played out conflict. The heroes are as formidable as their enemies and they do not fight at a numerical disadvantage. They're able to punch holes through the "strong" barrier, and that is a nice break from the inept heroes we've been seeing from action titles.


Stay tuned!