'

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What to expect: Spring 2009

As the first wave of final eps come to shore, it's time for me to announce what series' I shall pick up for the new season. These are my picks. My Co-writer can add more of her own.


My Picks:

Eden of the East

Completion possibility: 100%
Another I.G. work. Interesting premise. I want to know what the missile strikes and the cash in the cellphone is all about. I am a fan of Production I.G., so this is a no-brainer. I watched the trailer days ago, and I instantly decided to take it.





Ristorante Pardiso
Completion Possibility: 100%
Aaah. The master can't resist the temptation of a story about a little chat with old-timers. I don't know much about the series yet, but if it's a story about people sharing stories about the good times, then it's picked.


Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Completion Possibility: 65%
A mystery story about killers. Mmmmm, Interesting. But if this series sucks midway through, I'll drop it without second thought. Made by Bee Train whose previous works are dark and gritty weaponfests, I think I know what to expect.




Shangri-la
Completion Possibility: 90%
Hell yeah, I like Sci-fi. I like the 21st century but I doubt Gonzo. The premise is interesting, but I hope it doesn't get fucked up.


Natsu no Arashi
Completion Possibility:35%
I am not sure about this series, but the art and premise is interesting enough. If the hero sucks at any point... Sayonara!
Most probably I'll drop this after two episodes though. LOL.

Labels: