'

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Discipline:Records of a Crusade



Rating: A-


Discipline is a very good game to say the least. Character development very is strong yet unbalanced. In the game, the characters of Leona and Otokawa are I think the most developed, but the other girls all seem like boob-jobs. Anyways, one of the strengths of the game was the development of its main heroine and villainess. I liked (can’t say love, this is just a visual novel) Otokawa from the start, she fucking rocks as a character. Strong, dependable, sweet and intelligent but a bit prudish, she reminded me of my own ideal. I tried to follow her route with as little sex as possible (virtually none beyond panty peeping). I was so-so towards the blue haired girl with big boobs and was “meh” with Nonomiya and Kaneda.

On the other hand, Leona is someone who I tried to like but ultimately wanted to rape. She’s fucking evil to the core. I don’t know with you guys, but to me her shit won’t fly. Her previous atrocities are bad enough (taking over the school, harassing students, being a bitch…). But when it comes to destroying another girl’s (Otokawa’s) soul by drugging her that she shit herself in front of the entire student population, piercing her tits with needles and impregnating her by pouring some guy’s semen all over her vagina at the same day just for the sake of revenge, my blood boiled. I even tried to take a short “break” because that’s something hard to consume, even for a seasoned sukebe like me. I don’t know, but impregnation is a personal taboo. I even said this in my previous eroge reviews, and this is no exception. I don’t like it, Plain and simple. (Though it was as beautiful to watch as it was gut-wrenching.) Btw, I played through END2. I Haven’t tried yet to explore the other endings, so if you have spoilers, please share.

Another strength of the game is its ability to elicit emotion from the player. As I said in the last paragraph, I was so pissed at Leona that I needed to take a short break as she did something really bad. However, I was virtually in the zone as I watched our “Crusaders” (the collective name for our heroes) wage a futile but nevertheless victorious game of baseball before the day of atrocity. It almost felt like their “victory” was my ‘victory” and Otokawa’s personal tutoring and baseball coaching was for me as much as for the male lead. It was awesome. This is a game that draws you in. Good job, scriptwriter.

Character designs are so-so. Mediocre. I mean, they are a bit unrealistic. Girls with purple hair, cyan hair, and boobs so big it may even be a size 57G. Okay, I took it all as a given, because this game is all about a story of a school ruled by a tyrannical heiress and her cohorts against a brave girl who tried to stand up to her and was ultimately punished in the worst possible way. Leona Morimoto is the epitome of “beauty outside, rottenness inside”. Its even got a tranny reverse-futanari. Jeez, man.

Check this out.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home