'

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Figures of Happiness review

This post is colored Green in solidarity with the Iranian people and their struggle for a free and fair election.

A shared experience between our peoples (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Power_Revolution)

Rating A-


At first, I was curious because of the good scores it got from HentaiNeko and Animetric so I tried to play the game myself. This game is about this guy who intentionally lets this chick use his life force because she just died and how she pretty much screws his life over becuase she's so fucking wishy-washy about the things she intended to do while using his energy that his body lies in a coma. Damn.

I played the game feeling irritated because of her not keeping true to her word and not returning the life force back on time, and kinda slugged at the stomach because the game also portrays how screwed the character's life became because of it... You know, being reduced to a ghost-like existence and all that, watching your girl beside your bed helpless and (both of you) not being able to do anything about it.. That sucks. I mean, really.

But there aren't any villains in this game in the strictest sense of the word. The girl who "borrowed' your life force ain't no bitch. She's just a normal but somewhat shy girl who just happened to die early due to an accident, and therefore wasn't able to confess to her guy. I didn't feel what I felt while playing Discipline, where I wanted to personally rape the villain myself. Instead, I was quite sympathetic, especially toward the end when she finally gives your life force back, cheers for you and your girl and goes to heaven. At that moment, the villainness-level of her character just drops to 0% and you'll almost feel pity towards her.

I didn't mind the other girl's paths, by the way. Some are downright silly, such as ms. Death.

And yes, this game is reviewed from the Mio route.


Stay tuned.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home