'

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Next season thoughts and UFC 99

June brings two conflicting feelings. First is anticipation for the summer season. I used to enjoy watching Summer anime, I can recall School days back on '07 and Mahou Tsukai and Xamd last year. Second is the feeling that sucks because it's the start of a whole new school year... which means I'll be distracted by studies yet again.

However, this year is different. I don't feel bummed nowadays. I'm in my Senior year now, and my classes will be at night (hooray!) .However, there's not much worthwhile to watch this season. I've seen the line up and I wasn't impressed. There were much better seasons before. It seems obvious this anime line-up is dangerously homogenous now--in the sense that they aren't that varied quality-wise. Yes, they may superficially be numerous (still), but who actually thinks a series such as Princess Lover would be any different from the countless series created from the same mold as it is? What new thing would such series' such as Taisho Yakyuu Musume or GA:art class bring to the table? Nothing. Whatever we are about to see this season is most probably a rehash of something we might have probably watched before, and what's the thrill in watching a re-hash?

Now you know it, I approach summer 2008 (Rainy season here) with about 30% enthusiasm. I know some nifty anime such as Spice&Wolf would air again and there's at least some potentially decent anime in Tokyo Magnitude and Canaan, I might have to drag a foot when covering a series this season... Just to let you know, I'll still cover series'. It's just that I don't expect anything refreshing for the next 12 weeks. Moreover, expect more reviews and philosophical essays of past series'. I'm especially excited about the latter, as I quite neglected to make more after pre-occupying myself with episodic posts to gain hits (this blog is still new, dawg). I think I'll put my efforts in writing more stimulating essays like this, this or this. I missed injecting my philosophical training into my posts... Might as well start doing a few of them again. Actually, I've got Paprika on my mind right now, I'm still thinking how and what to write.

Moving on to more immediate events, UFC 99 will take place next Sunday in my favorite not -yet-visited-country, Germany! We will get to see the famous Axe Murderer fight again, though I don't bank on him winning easily. Wanderlei's chin is not what it was... but as always, War Wand! That goes for Cro Cop too. Watching him slide into oblivion after the Gonzaga KO was terrible, but this is his chance to go back into contention.



Eden of the east 9 next!

Stay tuned





1 Comments:

  • I like this blog over to watch ufc online and yes agreed with, I always like to watch Axe Murderer fight again and again. What do you say about the ufc 110 in Australia, it was an interesting event too. http://www.watch-ufc.net is also a good one to watch ufc online.

    By Anonymous watch ufc online, At March 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home