'

Monday, May 31, 2010

Evangelion 2.22 Review














Actually I was expecting this movie to be close to the original anime series like 1.0 but it didn't which adds to the excitement while watching the movie, you don't know what to expect. It still has elements from the original series but they added more twist and mystery to the story to the point that it was gripping I'm so drawn to the movie and I want to know what will happen on the next installment. To think that their source material is almost limited and we're only half of the movie series, I don't really know what to expect anymore which adds to the thrill to the series. Even though the ending of the movie is a cliff hanger, there was a satisfied feeling there but I'm still craving for more. I just can't wait for the next movie and uncover the mysteries laid out in this movie series.


To tell you the truth, I first watched this with a camrip but still I was able to notice that the animation was so good what more if it's blu-ray? My eyes would probably orgasm with happiness too bad I think the copy I had is only the dvd version but nevertheless the animation is still amazing. As expected of Gainax, the animation is superb. The motion is very fluid and the fight scenes is really well animated. The CG people, buildings, cars etc. really goes well with the 2D ones. The coloring of the scenes really reflect the scenes well and it adds to the emotional value of the series, its simply breath taking. Oh by the way, I have to tip my hat to the ones who designed the test plug suit of Asuka, it even made her more hot but my only rant is the scenes with that plug suit is so limited and I want more. Sigh, I really wish I could understand Japanese because if I could I would have seen more since the focus of my eyes is mostly following the subtitles.


I can't properly remember the original series but if my memory serves me right, it's the first time that I saw Rei and Asuka act like that. I don't think they showed any love interest with Shinji before so I was so surprised to see them act like that which add to the entertaining factor of the movie. With Asuka's changed name, her character has also changed and I like this new Asuka she's so adorable specially in her deredere mode. I think the characters are developed enough for me to like most of them. Their struggles are believable that I could almost relate to them. Mari was also added to the cast and she's easy to like but little is known about her. By the way, I really love Maaya Sakamoto as Mari since she really has a wide range I almost didn't recognize her as Mari because her style here is a bit different, it's not your usual Maaya Sakamoto.


I really like the contrast of the bgm with the scene it was accompanied with like when there's this brutal scene but the song playing on the background is very light hearted and peaceful, it surprisingly fit the scene. Actually, from the opening up to Utada Hikaru's ending song, it's really commendable. The bgm of this series really adds to the emotional value of the movie, it's so appropriate and beautiful.


Honestly, what's not to like in this movie? This movie is simply epic. From the whole entirety of the movie I was either grinning with pleasure or my mouth is wide open with awe. I also wouldn't want to blink so I won't miss anything since I think everything in the movie is really important and is probably a clue on what would happen on the next movie. The pacing of this movie is just right, nothing seems slow or rushed up. I really think that this movie really well planned since everything in the movie was well done as well. I could say that this series is at par with movies like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Spirited Away and Summer Wars, this is simple epic. This movie is way2x better than the first one so I expect more from this Movie series.


Rating:

10/10

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home